Sunday 10 July 2011

Definitely worth it

My name is Abdul Basit and I took English and blogging classes with Ms. Mariya last summer. I am very excited to be joining her again this summer. So far, I am enjoying the journalism classes. I’ve learned that journalism means to tell the truth about the world. A lot of the stuff we are learning is completely new to me. I have never heard of things like “free press” and while the word “democracy” is often thrown around in news, I never really understood its principles until I joined Ms. Mariya’s journalism program. Needless to say Ms. Mariya is greatly increasing my knowledge and making me a more educated person. I believe this class will be very helpful in my future. Ms. Mariya is a very good teacher. She explains everything in detail and takes time to make sure we understand her lessons. Whenever a difficult word comes up, she helps us define it in class. We also consult a dictionary to confirm our definitions. Ms. Mariya is also very organized and prompt. She checks our homework on time and quizzes us every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday about current events. Though the class requires a lot of hard work, it is definitely worth it! I am having a lot of fun so far. 
By Abdul Basit

No comments:

Post a Comment